20 Jun MISSION HOSPITAL IS MISSION HEALTH’S FLAGSHIP HOSPITAL. IT IS THE REGIONAL REFERRAL CENTER FOR TERTIARY AND QUATERNARY CARE.
Mission Hospital, located in Asheville, NC, is Mission Health’s flagship hospital. It is the regional referral center for tertiary and quaternary care. It also includes Mission Children’s Hospital—the region’s only children’s hospital.
- Located in Asheville, NC
- $920.2 million in annual economic impact
- $31 million in financial assistance
- $82.8 million in community benefits
- 763 beds
- 7,870 employees, including 1,000+ physicians, 2,300 RNs and 750 volunteers
- 40,000+ surgical cases per year
- 12,000+ orthopedic surgeries annually, highest in NC
- Largest hospital west of Charlotte
- Region’s only dedicated Level II Trauma Center
- 91st largest hospital out of more than 6,000 hospital in the United States
- Patients are 50% local and 50% regional
- Centers of Excellence: Cancer, Children’s, Heart, Neurosciences, Orthopedics, Trauma and Women’s Services
Memorial Mission Medical Center was established in 1885. Mission Hospital was formed when St. Joseph’s Hospital and Memorial Mission Medical Center merged in 1998.
- Stroke Program Gold Plus Award from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association
- Cardiovascular Critical Care and Recovery Units received the prestigious Beacon Award for Critical Care Excellence given semiannually by the American Association of Critical Care Nurses
- Heart Services received the Gold Performance Achievement Award from the American College of Cardiology Foundation and a “3 Star” rating from the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS)
- Fully accredited by the Society of Chest Pain Centers